British Army Airborne Patch 289 Para Regiment RHA DZ 2 1960s
Click To Enlarge

British Army Airborne Patch 289 Para Regiment RHA DZ 2 1960s

Price: $39.99
  • Free Shipping:
  • Item #: 1P 01UK 7ABN 13REG 8DZ 0289RA 02
* Marked fields are required.
Availability: In-Stock
Qty: *

British Army Airborne Patch 289 Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery TA DZ 2 Patch 1960s wool strips brown paper back 60mm by 59mm two and three eighth inches by two and five sixteenth inches.

Free Shipping´╗┐

History 1956-1977

289 Parachute Light Regiment Royal Artillery TA was formed  in 1956 on the amalgamation of 285 Essex Airborne Light Regiment RA TA based at Stratford and 291 4th London Airborne Field Regiment RA TA based at Lewisham and was assigned to 44 Independent Parachute Brigade Group TA. The Regiment was renamed as 289 Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery TA in 1960 on the 100 anniversary of the formation of 291 Regiment. The Regimental Headquarters was based at Rochester Row and the Regiment had four batteries one to support each infantry battalion of the 44 Independent Parachute Brigade Group with each battery organized on a six gun basis equipped with 4.2 inch Mortars P Battery was
based at Stratford Q Battery at Blackheath R Battery at Plumstead and S Battery at Grays. The Regiments armament was later strengthened with the addition of 25-pounder quick-firing QF field guns.

The Regiment was re-designated 289 Parachute Battery Royal Horse Artillery V in 1967 following further downsizing of the Territorial Army Airborne Forces and left 44 Parachute Brigade in 1977 and transferred to the Royal Marines Reserves when it was re-designated as 289 Commando Battery RA V.

The line of airborne service has continued in the Army with 289 Parachute Troop RA which is now part of part of 201 Herts and Beds Yeomanry Battery RA V 100 Regiment Royal Artillery V. 

This patch dates from the 1960s

 

 

Reviews (0) Write a Review
No Reviews. Write a Review